This paper has showed how important the role of information for women with disability is to understanding and exercising their rights. This duty to provide information comes to the Center of Information and Consultation for Women with Disabilities (PIK-P2D) initiated by the Ministry of Women’s Empowerment and Child Protection and operated by local governments. The existence of PIK-P2D might be a good solution to patch a crucial hole or missing link between service provider and people with disabilities, especially the women.
However, there are still many things to do to improve the function of Center of Information and Consultation for Women with Disabilities (PIK-P2D). Some of them are strategy to enhance the service outreach by using mass media and Information and Communication Technology (ICT), doing Gender Focal Point training with stake holders relating this issue, and developing integrated networks and partnerships with service providers and DPOs. Hopefully, all stake holders are willing to work together as soon as possible to improve the life standard of women with disability. Without any sufficient information, it is impossible for women with disabilities to empower themselves.
- Hellum, Anne and Henriette Sinding Aasen, Women’s Human Rights : CEDAW in International, Regional and National Law, 2013: Cambridge University Press
- Official website of Ministry of Women’s Empowerment and Child Protection: http://www.menegpp.go.id/
- Official website of National Vocational Rehabilitation Center, Cibinong West Java: http://cibinong.depsos.go.id/
- Official website of Indonesian Association of Women with Disabilities: http://www.hwdi.or.id
- Official website of Kartunet Foundation (works of Blinds): https://www.kartunet.com
- Minister of Women’s Empowerment and Child Protection Regulation number 23/2010 about General Guideline for Establishing The Center of Information and Consultation for Women with Disabilities
- Minister of Women’s Empowerment and Child Protection Regulation number 7/2012 about Standard Operating Procedure for The Center of Information and Consultation for Women with Disabilities
- Wikipedia Bahasa Indonesia: http://id.wikipedia.org
- Text of the UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW): http://www.un.org/womenwatch/daw/cedaw/cedaw.htm
10. Text of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD): http://www.un.org/disabilities/convention/conventionfull.shtml
11. “Violence against Women with Disabilities” read 8 November 2013 at 08:00am http://potret-online.com/index.php/news-flash/1267-kekerasan-terhadap-perempuan-penyandang-disabilitas
 “Women Leaders in Indonesia” Wikipedia Indonesia, read at 12-11-2013 03:50 pm http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pemimpin_wanita_di_Indonesia
 National Commission for Women of Indonesia (Komnas Perempuan) annual press release http://www.komnasperempuan.or.id/2013/07/pernyataan-media-tentang-peringatan-29-tahun-ratifikasi-cedaw/
 regular social gathering whose members contribute to and take turns at winning an aggregate sum of money
 Regular religious gather event by either Muslim men or women doing recitation of the Koran
 Kartunet.com (stands for karya Tunanetra or Blind’s works) is a online citizen media runs by community of youth with disability based in Jakarta which provide news and information relating to disability issues, special needs, and accessible technology.
 Solider is citizen media produce by SIGAP Yogyakarta which focuses on disability and justice issue.